September 22, 2016
Traveling with Mayella Pt. 1 – Travel-proof your skincare regime
Whether it’s to get out of your comfort zone, have a break from reality, or just let your hair down a bit, you’d be hard pressed to find someone that doesn’t love or have an interest to travel. Even more so with the lure of our social media pages being filled with bright, exciting […]
Whether it’s to get out of your comfort zone, have a break from reality, or just let your hair down a bit, you’d be hard pressed to find someone that doesn’t love or have an interest to travel.
Even more so with the lure of our social media pages being filled with bright, exciting travel photos, its only natural we feel the urge to sometimes pack up camp and take on a new adventure. As the saying goes, “Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.” In expanding our horizons, it leads us to being more open and well-rounded human beings.
As we are faced with different and challenging problems along our travels, one learns new and efficient coping mechanisms ultimately heightening our emotional stability. It can help to recharge our emotional batteries and leave us with the ability to look at life from a new and different perspective by stepping out of our own world and observing other cultures. Whether it’s a weekend getaway with friends, or a three month solo backpacking journey around Europe, any kind of travel is good for the mind, body and soul.
But, not always so much the same case for our skin.
When heading off on a voyage to an exotic and new destination the last thing on any jet setters buzzing mind is probably going to be their skin. Whether it’s from low humidity conditions of a plane, traveling through new temperatures and environments, or exposing your skin to pollution and different weather conditions, traveling can wreak all sorts of havoc on our skin.
Mayella’s Mantra for five steps of nourishment we practice at home can easily be taken on any travel journey and will help to combat losing that new found confidence gained through travel because of skin break outs and blemishes.
- 1) Cleanse
- 2) Exfoliate
- 3) Vitamise
- 4) Nourish
- 5) Protect
In our ‘Traveling with Mayella’ blog series we will explore potential skin reactions and problems we may be faced with on travels and five of our favourite Mayella products to help combat these all while featuring an exotic destination. The small, compact and sturdy design of the Mayella bottles make them easy to carry and leave you no excuse not to maintain your regime! Before we take you on a journey around Europe, here are a few top tips and those must-haves we sometimes forget to pack for any trip!
What to bring in your suit case:
- A copy of your passport and travel documents – just in case you lose your original copies. By packing this you are potentially saving yourself a lot of time, money and heartache.
- A camera – Lucky these days we can all be photographers with our smartphones, but get creative and go pick up an old-school point and shoot disposable camera. These are the most fun as they give you a different picture quality and you don’t really know what you are getting until you develop the film role.
- Mayella make-up remover & a natural sunscreen – So simple but so important and often forgotten!
- Supplements – depending on your dietary requirements its always good to travel with Vitamin C for your immune system, and some Omega 3 or low doses of Zinc which can help with the vitality of the skin’s appearance. Mayella Green Harmony Capsules are the seasoned travellers choice for daily wellness
- Lucky charms – Call us sentimental, but we can’t travel without our lucky socks.
- Tips: Be decisive! We would all love to bring our entire wardrobe to get a different outfit for every photo we take but it makes life so much easier to travel light. Also, if you are going to location a little off the beaten track be sure to research and check travel guides for the clothing recommendations well in advance so you pack the appropriate clothing.
Must haves for your hand luggage or carry on:
- If flying you are flying in your travels remember size restrictions and limitations of liquids. The general aviation limitation is 100mL or 3.4 ounces of liquid per item. The 15mL Mayella bottles are small, sturdy and work just perfectly!
- Hand cream – Let’s face it, no one likes dry hands or elbows.
- Facial wipes – Refreshing for long journeys
- Lip balm – Pucker up!
- Moisturizer (our pick: the Mayella Vitamin B Active Lotion) - Low humidity, changing climates and pollution can dry out the surface level of the skin and in-turn lead to unwanted break outs.
- Water – Hydrate your body’s cells
- A toothbrush – Especially for those long haul flights