Statement of GRATITUDE – Perspective with Brooke Chamberlain As Christmas and the silly season approaches it’s important to stay active, enjoy a little family time and yes we all love to indulge a little extra over this festive season so here’s a few of my favourite holiday tips to staying healthy!! EXERCISE EVERYDAY – Do […]
Statement of GRATITUDE - Perspective
with Brooke Chamberlain
As Christmas and the silly season approaches it’s important to stay active, enjoy a little family time and yes we all love to indulge a little extra over this festive season so here’s a few of my favourite holiday tips to staying healthy!!
- EXERCISE EVERYDAY - Do a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise everyday to stay active, whether its a walk, run, surf, paddle board, fitness class, yoga... The options are endless but for me I love to be outdoors as much as possible during the summer. Take the time to meet friends for a walk and a possible breakfast date after, I personally love to catch up with friends over a walk so I'm getting my exercise and catch ups done together. A. because its more fun with a friend and B. because sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day, especially when you have the whole family staying!
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER each day and ensure you are well hydrated, ensuring you don't get dehydrated during this hot season, when lets be honest we all love a little wine or two over the festive season.
- EAT PLENTY OF VEGETABLES Its so easy to over eat and eat too much junk during the holiday period. My father always told to eat all the vegetables on my plate before i ate anything else, this fills you up so you don't eat as much junk. Its important to keep your digestive system flowing, If you struggle to eat enough vegetables, I love the MAYELLA GREENS POWDER which I take every morning and again during the day when i need an extra energy kick.
- AVOID HUGE DINNERS I find that by having a get together for breakfast or lunch you tend to have a smaller dinner which means your not going to bed on a bloated full tummy. Try not to over eat at each meal, eat until you are no longer hungry, not because you are so full you cant take another bite. For me eating a healthy dinner is the most important to maintaining weight.
- HEALTHY MIND
Make sure you take some time out for YOU! Having a healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body. Try to look on the positive side of every situation, even when its tough. I am a strong believer in what we focus on we attract, if you're thinking positive thoughts you attract positivity and when you think negative thoughts you attract negativity.. One of my favourite quotes is “If you realised how powerful your thoughts are you would be very careful about what you spend your time thinking about.” A little meditation each day can calm the mind and help you stay focused on the things that are important to you in life. Appreciation is key and I like to start each day with thinking about all the things to be grateful for, I believe we will never receive more in life until we appreciate what we have.
- LAUGH, LAUGH AND MORE LAUGHTER!!
Laughing is the best medicine and a must for living a happy life. “A happy face brings joy to the heart.” We probably don't realise how a simple smile and a little laughter can make a huge impact on someones day. Smile more, laugh more, have fun and enjoy life.... Not just in the festive season and all year round.
One of my favourite meals is baked salmon and vegetables. I place the salmon skin side up and all kinds of vegetables together in a baking dish, drizzle with chilli olive oil, salt, pepper and some chilli flakes then bake on 200 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Ensure the oven is pre heated to get that delicious crispy salmon skin. The vegetables i like to use are broccolini, capsicum, mushrooms, beans, cherry tomatoes and zucchini. But of course any of your favourite vegetables can be used.
A great little workout that you can do anywhere., anytime that i often do when i travel is a TABATA workout which entails 8 sets of 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest. You can do this with any exercises and you don't necessarily need any equipment nor much space. Feel free to make up your own of follow a little favourite of mine.
20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 8 for each exercise. Must complete 8 sets of each exercise before moving to the next.
squat jumps walking lunges push ups crunches mountain climbers bicycles
Another great workout is 20 squat jumps
20 push ups
run for 2 minutes x4
Two simple yet effective workouts that you can do as well as your other activities each day!
Our team at MAYELLA and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and New Years and we hope that 2018 brings you many more joyful memories. Stay safe, keep active, have fun and enjoy every wonderful moment given to us, each day is a gift.
Much Love Brooke xx
Brooke Chamberlain lives every day to its fullest, saying yes to every opportunity to learn, live, grow! A personal trainer, film and media personality, travel, fashion and interior design blogger, you can learn more about Brooke here: https://www.instagram.com/brookechamberlain_/?hl=en